Meet Our Team of the Best Landscape Designers in Portland
Meet the team of expert horticulturists, seasoned landscape designers, and Portland’s best Private Gardener Service (just ask our clients).
All of us share a passion for helping the families we serve create life-long memories.
A lifelong Oregon resident, Drake has been passionate about plants since childhood, beginning with propagating and growing flowers at his grandfather’s nursery. He opened Drake’s 7 Dees in 1974, while earning degrees in Business and Horticulture from Oregon State University. He later expanded into the design/build side of the industry, allowing him to combine his passion for plants with his love of family by maximizing the quality of family time spent outdoors.
Drake is co-founder of the Oregon Landscape Contractors Association and is a Landscape Industry Certified Manager (LICM)—a designation that less than two percent of landscapers have attained. Additionally, Drake serves on the Board of Directors for the Portland Japanese Gardens, widely regarded as one of the seven best Japanese gardens outside of Japan.
Drake is married to former Oregon Speaker of the House, Lynn Snodgrass. Together, he and Lynn received the Farm Bureau President’s award in 1999 for their service and dedication to agriculture in the state of Oregon. Drake and Lynn have two wonderful daughters, two talented son-in-laws, and seven grandchildren. In his spare time, Drake enjoys camping, water and snow skiing, reading, and of course, gardening.
- Professional: 10+ years of landscape design build experience.
- Education: Graduated cum laude from Cal Poly’s Landscape Architecture program.
- Awards: ASLA Excellence in Academic Achievement.
- Inspiration: His team of colleagues and the enthusiasm of his clients.
- Just for fun: Steven enjoys spending time with his wife and their two kids, camping, hiking, fishing and relaxing in the beautiful Pacific Northwest outdoors.
Designer | AIA Architect
Chris holds a master’s degree in architecture from the University of Detroit Mercy with a supplemental exchange program in Poland at the Warsaw University of Technology. As an architectural designer, Chris assists in the architectural process of remodel and new residential homes. With a designer eye, he has developed numerous industrial products; a wine rack that has a United States patent, and a bookshelf which he was selected by GRAY to present at Hot New Next – a dynamic competition celebrating innovative ideas in the Pacific Northwest. In addition to architecture, a passion for gardening has landed him a seat on the Portland Japanese Garden Resource Committee. As a Portland resident, Chris and his wife Amy enjoy many outdoor activities including hiking, rock climbing, and fishing… well fishing for Chris at least.
- Professional: 5 years landscape materials sales and estimating experience, 10 years Pacific Northwest landscape design-build experience, 4 years landscape production and operations management.
- Education: Graduated with honors from the University of Idaho Landscape Architecture program.
- Awards: Portland Yard, Garden & Patio Show: Best Use of Space, Best in Show.
- Just for fun: Tim enjoys coaching his son’s soccer team, attending his daughter’s gymnastics and dance performances, and spending time outdoors as a family (or movie time in the wetter months).
- Professional: 35+ years in landscape design and construction, ranging from field work to business ownership.
- Education: B.S. in Ornamental Horticulture from the University of Illinois.
- Awards: Outstanding Service Award from Oregon Landscape Contractors Association.
- Inspiration: Teamwork in action.
- Just for fun: Scott is an avid reader of American history and enjoys spending time with his family.